The IMABEE Master provides students with an advanced understanding of biodiversity, ecology and evolution by applying a multidisciplinary approach. Apart from general competence in academic attitude and academic skills, graduates of the IMABEE Master will acquire specific competences & knowledge in the following areas:
- The main theories, concepts and tools of scientific ecology, biodiversity and evolution;
- Methods of statistical analysis;
- Molecular tools;
- Sampling protocols, experimental techniques in situ or in the lab, field and lab observations, and long-term monitoring.
Graduates will be able to:
- Initiate a search and use the appropriate scientific tools and methods;
- Adapt to changing research needs and expertise in this field;
- Assist in decisions on biodiversity conservation;
- Conduct a literature study to permit relevant analysis of a new fundamental or applied research question;
- Develop tools for monitoring and evaluation ecosystems, communities and populations;
- Be at the interface between scientific advances and their application;
- Produce reports in scientific English;
- Communicate orally: in seminars, conferences, for scientists or for a wider public audience.
This International Master degree is mostly designed to prepare graduates for the research activities carried out by researchers, engineers, and R & D managers, but also offers the possibility to pursue other careers such as ecological consulting, governmental institutions, local or regional authorities, etc. Graduates will be able to intervene in the fields of Research and Development, Patents, technological monitoring, advice and expertise in public and/or private research structures and within different national and / or international institutions such as:
- Universities and research institutions;
- The European Union;
- Ministries of ecology, agriculture, research;
- Regional and Local authorities: national parks, natural reserves, etc.;
- Engineering, design and consulting;
Industry: Agro-chemistry, Environment.
IMABEE graduates will also be trained to efficiently start and handle a PhD project.